While it is impossible to predict how stress will affect a person, there are some common symptoms that show that someone is likely to experience sudden or prolonged stress.
Sudden strain is a simple event, like your car breaks down in traffic time or having to talk. Some symptoms of sudden stress are
- higher blood pressure – higher blood pressure can not be detected but swelling vasculature is an obvious sign of high blood pressure.
- clenching jaw or grinding teeth.
- Clenching fist and tightening of the muscles of the arms.
- deep breathing.
- excessive sweating.
Prolonged stress is a regular and unmanageable sudden stress. A typical example of chronic stress would be to meet monthly mortgage or credit card transactions by knowing that you do not have money to afford them. Adopting a tight or unrealistic deadline at work would also be another example of prolonged and unremitting stress. Consequently, chronic stress may be harmful to the health of individuals without treatment or control. Some common symptoms of chronic stress are
- heart disease – an increased amount of amino acid plasma homocysteine caused by stress is thought to increase the risk of heart disease.
- Anemia is considered thicker due to changes in biochemistry in the blood leading to increased blood clots and stroke.
- Catching colds, flu and other ailments often and struggling to replace them – stress is believed to affect the number of white blood cells.
- Gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea, constipation, spasm or bloating.
- Sleep disturbances – full episode of insomnia from insomnia and inability to stay in a deep sleep.
- Memory cardiac function – memory, concentration and learning are all considered to suffer when we have chronic stress.
- Sexual Problems – For Men, Temporary Violence. For women lose sexual desire, increase PMS or decrease in menstrual periods.
Some or all of these symptoms may affect the person. It is often difficult to determine stress as a direct cause, for example, to turn on cold, but by changing simple aspects of life style you can find common complaints and bad pain and pain decreases. The content of regular exercise, for example, could improve your stress and health. The body is a remarkable system. If you can ensure that the elements are consistent then your body will take care of yourself.